- cardinalnation52 likes this
- theroyalteacup reblogged this from fulltimeinterneter
- andthedamned reblogged this from nomoreuturns
- andthedamned likes this
- maskingtapepoetree likes this
- dankyeah reblogged this from skinnysalesman
- dankyeah likes this
- skinnysalesman reblogged this from hatsukidamaru
- skinnysalesman likes this
- hatsukidamaru reblogged this from bernardbernieburns
- mryarra likes this
- salmonking reblogged this from lightningspiral
- serena627 reblogged this from lightningspiral
- serena627 likes this
- atomheartmotherfucking reblogged this from no-pol-das-gay
- all-you-need-is-beatles7 likes this
- all-you-need-is-beatles7 reblogged this from no-pol-das-gay
- everythingisshwarma likes this
- cyberslum reblogged this from produdfctititty
- nomoreuturns reblogged this from nagia-pronounced-neijia
- imanangel-youassbutt likes this
- inadeeptrans likes this
- produdfctititty reblogged this from nagia-pronounced-neijia
- drnicolelecter reblogged this from slayboy-bunny
- peaches-bee likes this
- bernardbernieburns reblogged this from xkuolematonx
- kiss-cas-fall-in-love likes this
- teddy-san likes this
- anastasiasjournal reblogged this from f-for-freak
- aliveinthemorgue reblogged this from lightningspiral
- sweet-king-bitch reblogged this from no-pol-das-gay
- lightningspiral reblogged this from nagia-pronounced-neijia
- isolateandmedicate reblogged this from mrsnewsted
- xkuolematonx reblogged this from jamehetfields
- xkuolematonx likes this
- wainoh reblogged this from no-pol-das-gay
- samerson98 reblogged this from no-pol-das-gay
- no-pol-das-gay reblogged this from jamehetfields
- no-pol-das-gay likes this
- f-for-freak reblogged this from mrsnewsted
- f-for-freak likes this
- mrsnewsted reblogged this from jamehetfields
- slayboy-bunny reblogged this from jamehetfields
- jamehetfields reblogged this from nagia-pronounced-neijia
- nagia-pronounced-neijia reblogged this from vow-anon
- vow-anon reblogged this from nagia-pronounced-neijia
- serenitybutterfly likes this
- artisfoundeverywhere reblogged this from alchemickeyblader
- alchemickeyblader reblogged this from disneykat
you see this?
it’s called a razor
if you’re a girl, USE IT
your hairy legs and armpits aren’t cute okay
you’re not helping out for woman’s rights or anything
YOU’RE JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK NASTY
Women have been socialized to believe that they must remove hair for a number of reasons, primarily the following:
- hair is historically and Biblically associated with power; we as a patriarchal culture are obsessed with keeping hair on men (facial hair, Hair Club for Men, hair plugs, whatever) and keeping it off women. You say hair on women is nasty; why is it only hair on women? Women and men have the same pubic hair. We all grow it out of our follicles for the same reason. Why is it only gross on women?
- women’s bodies have been considered the property of men since the dawn of time, and therefore we have been held to a standard of beauty and attractiveness that is not determined by us but is instead determined by something called the male gaze, which is erases all sexualities and genders other than cisgender heterosexual men and assumes that women are performing for it.
- childlike women are considered less “threatening” and more “feminine” because they are naive, quiet, and rely on ~*adult men*~ to take care of them.
- there is a fallacy about pubic hair that it is dirty. It is not dirty. In fact, it’s there to keep your genitals cleaner. Pubic hair and armpit hair are also (possibly) there to spread your pheromones around and make it easier for you to attract a mate.
- all mammals have hair. We’re mammals.
- No one else’s body is your business. Ever. You want to shave? Go ahead! That’s totally your prerogative and if you’re more comfortable shaving, feel free. But given that pubic hair isn’t innately dirty, there’s no reason for anyone to remove it if they don’t want to.
You’re not sending out some edgy, hardcore message here. You’re just reinforcing what our culture wants you to reinforce. Before you pick up that razor again, think about why you want to shave. Is it just because our culture told you to? Why’d they tell you to? What’s the point?
Do what makes you comfortable and what makes you happy, and let others do the same.
This response exploded on my personal blog last night despite being months old and I realized I NEVER REBLOGGED IT HERE, WHAT WAS I THINKING.