- italianhobbit reblogged this from mondaibaka
- italianhobbit likes this
- wangtown likes this
- iamsherlockied reblogged this from batcat-tardistea
- kisax127 reblogged this from batcat-tardistea
- the-day-the-work-is-done reblogged this from itsfullofstarships
- mondaibaka reblogged this from itsfullofstarships
- midori-doragon reblogged this from itsfullofstarships
- midori-doragon likes this
- itsfullofstarships reblogged this from batcat-tardistea
- itsfullofstarships likes this
- psychiccupcake likes this
- batcat-tardistea reblogged this from poesdaughter
- maleedmybutt reblogged this from letsdanceinstylinson
- lovemeorleavemebe likes this
- creepypastasz likes this
- nightstar713 likes this
- letsdanceinstylinson reblogged this from blogwhilewereyoung
- letsdanceinstylinson likes this
- datsnivy reblogged this from officialharleyquinn
- cloviseatsyou likes this
- swagcasey reblogged this from xxjacey-mintra-caseyxx
- xxjacey-mintra-caseyxx reblogged this from officialharleyquinn
- adashof1d likes this
- the-highblood-wendigo likes this
- time-keeping-cybrid likes this
- askcorruptedcronus reblogged this from officialharleyquinn
- sayorkeepstill likes this
- blogwhilewereyoung reblogged this from bre-akneck
- pinsreddropsofeluasmercy likes this
- rising-moons reblogged this from a-dick-peen
- rising-moons likes this
- a-dick-peen reblogged this from hannisherlockgendaysphan
- thisyearsgirlx likes this
- fillinthe------- reblogged this from we-are-revolting
- jonahthebrave likes this
- toknowheristowonder likes this
- reull likes this
- academicgangster likes this
- myxchameleonxsoul93 likes this
- korydwen reblogged this from black-john-lennon
- korydwen likes this
- jessieflo reblogged this from black-john-lennon
- black-john-lennon reblogged this from catyuy
- mi-kitamura likes this
- catyuy reblogged this from hernameispersephone
- the-brightest-green likes this
- hernameispersephone reblogged this from be-a-tigger-not-an-eeyore
you see this?
it’s called a razor
if you’re a girl, USE IT
your hairy legs and armpits aren’t cute okay
you’re not helping out for woman’s rights or anything
YOU’RE JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK NASTY
Women have been socialized to believe that they must remove hair for a number of reasons, primarily the following:
- hair is historically and Biblically associated with power; we as a patriarchal culture are obsessed with keeping hair on men (facial hair, Hair Club for Men, hair plugs, whatever) and keeping it off women. You say hair on women is nasty; why is it only hair on women? Women and men have the same pubic hair. We all grow it out of our follicles for the same reason. Why is it only gross on women?
- women’s bodies have been considered the property of men since the dawn of time, and therefore we have been held to a standard of beauty and attractiveness that is not determined by us but is instead determined by something called the male gaze, which is erases all sexualities and genders other than cisgender heterosexual men and assumes that women are performing for it.
- childlike women are considered less “threatening” and more “feminine” because they are naive, quiet, and rely on ~*adult men*~ to take care of them.
- there is a fallacy about pubic hair that it is dirty. It is not dirty. In fact, it’s there to keep your genitals cleaner. Pubic hair and armpit hair are also (possibly) there to spread your pheromones around and make it easier for you to attract a mate.
- all mammals have hair. We’re mammals.
- No one else’s body is your business. Ever. You want to shave? Go ahead! That’s totally your prerogative and if you’re more comfortable shaving, feel free. But given that pubic hair isn’t innately dirty, there’s no reason for anyone to remove it if they don’t want to.
You’re not sending out some edgy, hardcore message here. You’re just reinforcing what our culture wants you to reinforce. Before you pick up that razor again, think about why you want to shave. Is it just because our culture told you to? Why’d they tell you to? What’s the point?
Do what makes you comfortable and what makes you happy, and let others do the same.
This response exploded on my personal blog last night despite being months old and I realized I NEVER REBLOGGED IT HERE, WHAT WAS I THINKING.