- randomlc likes this
- throughdazesanddaydreams reblogged this from klingontolife
- klingontolife reblogged this from c-0vered
- makethesedayscount reblogged this from luxxe-tbh
- makethesedayscount likes this
- luxxe-tbh reblogged this from mousew15a
- gabrielsleftwing likes this
- gabrielsleftwing reblogged this from mousew15a
- mousew15a reblogged this from betterthandarkchocolate
- littlegirl92 reblogged this from youwillcomewithme
- feminist-treehugger reblogged this from feminist-treehugger
- lover-of-mustashes reblogged this from ssyeahsurewhynot
- lover-of-mustashes likes this
- ssyeahsurewhynot reblogged this from kimimprobable
- shirilily reblogged this from nadiacreek
- ihavenothingwittytosay reblogged this from alchemy
- riosfan reblogged this from amandageddon
- ruyanda-plus reblogged this from jvira
- ruyanda likes this
- jvira reblogged this from treblemakerandshit
- cynthialovesjangkeunsuk likes this
- dear-alisonwonderland reblogged this from peace-0ne-lov3
- daisydoestoast reblogged this from allieandthediamonds
- rslynlz likes this
- fuckinh0e reblogged this from alpacayobags
- alpacayobags reblogged this from pieces0fapuzzle
- pieces0fapuzzle reblogged this from kimimprobable
- penguinsdontpurr reblogged this from macaronidiy
- breaktomake likes this
- liveincandyland reblogged this from livingeachdayasitcomes
- livingeachdayasitcomes reblogged this from immarvellous
- immarvellous reblogged this from kimimprobable
- charlottelove97 likes this
- kimimprobable reblogged this from dancineyebros
- dancineyebros reblogged this from take-me-to-dark-places
- dancineyebros likes this
- take-me-to-dark-places reblogged this from elephantpuff
- yayforawesome reblogged this from gallifreyanconsultingdetective
- tattedsuperwholock reblogged this from somebodyloving
- northwestdirt likes this
- mudborn reblogged this from transbear
- serenatheteenagebitch likes this
- lau-lita reblogged this from allieandthediamonds
- pinupsandpunzie likes this
- ihana-baci likes this
- holy-horny-hippie-batman reblogged this from peace-0ne-lov3
- holy-horny-hippie-batman likes this
- mutlu-ask reblogged this from izinfinite
you see this?
it’s called a razor
if you’re a girl, USE IT
your hairy legs and armpits aren’t cute okay
you’re not helping out for woman’s rights or anything
YOU’RE JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK NASTY
Women have been socialized to believe that they must remove hair for a number of reasons, primarily the following:
- hair is historically and Biblically associated with power; we as a patriarchal culture are obsessed with keeping hair on men (facial hair, Hair Club for Men, hair plugs, whatever) and keeping it off women. You say hair on women is nasty; why is it only hair on women? Women and men have the same pubic hair. We all grow it out of our follicles for the same reason. Why is it only gross on women?
- women’s bodies have been considered the property of men since the dawn of time, and therefore we have been held to a standard of beauty and attractiveness that is not determined by us but is instead determined by something called the male gaze, which is erases all sexualities and genders other than cisgender heterosexual men and assumes that women are performing for it.
- childlike women are considered less “threatening” and more “feminine” because they are naive, quiet, and rely on ~*adult men*~ to take care of them.
- there is a fallacy about pubic hair that it is dirty. It is not dirty. In fact, it’s there to keep your genitals cleaner. Pubic hair and armpit hair are also (possibly) there to spread your pheromones around and make it easier for you to attract a mate.
- all mammals have hair. We’re mammals.
- No one else’s body is your business. Ever. You want to shave? Go ahead! That’s totally your prerogative and if you’re more comfortable shaving, feel free. But given that pubic hair isn’t innately dirty, there’s no reason for anyone to remove it if they don’t want to.
You’re not sending out some edgy, hardcore message here. You’re just reinforcing what our culture wants you to reinforce. Before you pick up that razor again, think about why you want to shave. Is it just because our culture told you to? Why’d they tell you to? What’s the point?
Do what makes you comfortable and what makes you happy, and let others do the same.
This response exploded on my personal blog last night despite being months old and I realized I NEVER REBLOGGED IT HERE, WHAT WAS I THINKING.