- turmaliini likes this
- the-happy-logophile likes this
- stanshall reblogged this from myrahindleymakeuptutorial
- one-tiny-turtle reblogged this from mienbonnie
- mienbonnie reblogged this from rainbow-chan and added:
- liliesandorchids reblogged this from rainbow-chan
- bat-faerie reblogged this from rainbow-chan
- bat-faerie likes this
- angedelune likes this
- rainbow-chan reblogged this from bigfatfeminist and added:
- emberkeelty likes this
- contentmint reblogged this from miniprof
- serenitybutterfly likes this
- femalehairyarmpits reblogged this from hairypitsclub
- magnificeaco reblogged this from the-happy-logophile
- the-happy-logophile reblogged this from jillmcally
- all-you-need-is-beatles7 reblogged this from no-pol-das-gay and added:
- the-fault-in-our-benedict likes this
- tstewart912 reblogged this from daleksanddormrooms
- just-another-person-in-life reblogged this from its-cooler-in-gallifreyan
- its-cooler-in-gallifreyan reblogged this from 221b-edsheeran
- its-cooler-in-gallifreyan likes this
- hhsfhj likes this
- 221b-edsheeran reblogged this from sherlockedchey
- sherlockedchey reblogged this from daleksanddormrooms
- sherlockedchey likes this
- daleksanddormrooms reblogged this from ryouseiteki
- daleksanddormrooms likes this
- rosestuckinthemiddle likes this
- songsforghosts likes this
- nikibee1 reblogged this from andthedamned
- papageorgieo5 reblogged this from bigfatfeminist
- papageorgieo5 likes this
- cardinalnation52 likes this
- theroyalteacup reblogged this from fulltimeinterneter
- andthedamned reblogged this from nomoreuturns
- andthedamned likes this
- maskingtapepoetree likes this
- dankyeah reblogged this from skinnysalesman
- dankyeah likes this
- skinnysalesman reblogged this from hatsukidamaru
- skinnysalesman likes this
- hatsukidamaru reblogged this from bernardbernieburns
- mryarra likes this
- salmonking reblogged this from lightningspiral
- serena627 reblogged this from lightningspiral
- serena627 likes this
- atomheartmotherfucking reblogged this from no-pol-das-gay
- all-you-need-is-beatles7 likes this
you see this?
it’s called a razor
if you’re a girl, USE IT
your hairy legs and armpits aren’t cute okay
you’re not helping out for woman’s rights or anything
YOU’RE JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK NASTY
Women have been socialized to believe that they must remove hair for a number of reasons, primarily the following:
- hair is historically and Biblically associated with power; we as a patriarchal culture are obsessed with keeping hair on men (facial hair, Hair Club for Men, hair plugs, whatever) and keeping it off women. You say hair on women is nasty; why is it only hair on women? Women and men have the same pubic hair. We all grow it out of our follicles for the same reason. Why is it only gross on women?
- women’s bodies have been considered the property of men since the dawn of time, and therefore we have been held to a standard of beauty and attractiveness that is not determined by us but is instead determined by something called the male gaze, which is erases all sexualities and genders other than cisgender heterosexual men and assumes that women are performing for it.
- childlike women are considered less “threatening” and more “feminine” because they are naive, quiet, and rely on ~*adult men*~ to take care of them.
- there is a fallacy about pubic hair that it is dirty. It is not dirty. In fact, it’s there to keep your genitals cleaner. Pubic hair and armpit hair are also (possibly) there to spread your pheromones around and make it easier for you to attract a mate.
- all mammals have hair. We’re mammals.
- No one else’s body is your business. Ever. You want to shave? Go ahead! That’s totally your prerogative and if you’re more comfortable shaving, feel free. But given that pubic hair isn’t innately dirty, there’s no reason for anyone to remove it if they don’t want to.
You’re not sending out some edgy, hardcore message here. You’re just reinforcing what our culture wants you to reinforce. Before you pick up that razor again, think about why you want to shave. Is it just because our culture told you to? Why’d they tell you to? What’s the point?
Do what makes you comfortable and what makes you happy, and let others do the same.
This response exploded on my personal blog last night despite being months old and I realized I NEVER REBLOGGED IT HERE, WHAT WAS I THINKING.