- castiels-babysitter likes this
- castiels-babysitter reblogged this from luna-dea
- distvrb-d reblogged this from theinsignificantsnail
- theinsignificantsnail reblogged this from luna-dea
- theinsignificantsnail likes this
- luna-dea reblogged this from dinglehoppersaplenty
- serenitybutterfly likes this
- mithril-mercenary likes this
- run-u-clever-man-and-remember reblogged this from that-hipster-philosopher
- run-u-clever-man-and-remember likes this
- twerkinmochi likes this
- that-hipster-philosopher reblogged this from galardriel
- no-chin-troll likes this
- no-chin-troll reblogged this from plantboyprince
- iseulttoinjury reblogged this from misscarletwitch
- vanchamarl likes this
- yourkinkisproblematic likes this
- galardriel reblogged this from rainbocalypse and added:
- rainbocalypse reblogged this from mariahthebeast
- howdoyoulyfe likes this
- plantboyprince reblogged this from davidweaboowie
- davidweaboowie reblogged this from pact-making-princess
- elliehoneyy reblogged this from queerangryfeminist
- cleancups likes this
- mariahthebeast reblogged this from pact-making-princess
- mariahthebeast likes this
- pact-making-princess reblogged this from queerangryfeminist
- royal-creep reblogged this from queerangryfeminist
- casteduniverse reblogged this from queerangryfeminist
- casteduniverse likes this
- queerangryfeminist reblogged this from autisticcat
- pearl-bastard reblogged this from mrsnicolajanewilson
- kiramicouva likes this
- alixsylphofheart reblogged this from monocirrus
- alixsylphofheart likes this
- monocirrus reblogged this from shiraae
- glitterbubbletree likes this
- sarahstaysgold reblogged this from msmoon
- sarahstaysgold likes this
- turmaliini likes this
- the-happy-logophile likes this
- stanshall reblogged this from myrahindleymakeuptutorial
- one-tiny-turtle reblogged this from mienbonnie
- mienbonnie reblogged this from rainbow-chan and added:
- liliesandorchids reblogged this from rainbow-chan
- bat-faerie reblogged this from rainbow-chan
- bat-faerie likes this
- angedelune likes this
- rainbow-chan reblogged this from bigfatfeminist and added:
you see this?
it’s called a razor
if you’re a girl, USE IT
your hairy legs and armpits aren’t cute okay
you’re not helping out for woman’s rights or anything
YOU’RE JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK NASTY
Women have been socialized to believe that they must remove hair for a number of reasons, primarily the following:
- hair is historically and Biblically associated with power; we as a patriarchal culture are obsessed with keeping hair on men (facial hair, Hair Club for Men, hair plugs, whatever) and keeping it off women. You say hair on women is nasty; why is it only hair on women? Women and men have the same pubic hair. We all grow it out of our follicles for the same reason. Why is it only gross on women?
- women’s bodies have been considered the property of men since the dawn of time, and therefore we have been held to a standard of beauty and attractiveness that is not determined by us but is instead determined by something called the male gaze, which is erases all sexualities and genders other than cisgender heterosexual men and assumes that women are performing for it.
- childlike women are considered less “threatening” and more “feminine” because they are naive, quiet, and rely on ~*adult men*~ to take care of them.
- there is a fallacy about pubic hair that it is dirty. It is not dirty. In fact, it’s there to keep your genitals cleaner. Pubic hair and armpit hair are also (possibly) there to spread your pheromones around and make it easier for you to attract a mate.
- all mammals have hair. We’re mammals.
- No one else’s body is your business. Ever. You want to shave? Go ahead! That’s totally your prerogative and if you’re more comfortable shaving, feel free. But given that pubic hair isn’t innately dirty, there’s no reason for anyone to remove it if they don’t want to.
You’re not sending out some edgy, hardcore message here. You’re just reinforcing what our culture wants you to reinforce. Before you pick up that razor again, think about why you want to shave. Is it just because our culture told you to? Why’d they tell you to? What’s the point?
Do what makes you comfortable and what makes you happy, and let others do the same.
This response exploded on my personal blog last night despite being months old and I realized I NEVER REBLOGGED IT HERE, WHAT WAS I THINKING.