- serenitybutterfly likes this
- artisfoundeverywhere reblogged this from alchemickeyblader
- alchemickeyblader reblogged this from disneykat
- leopardsinthesnow reblogged this from bigfatfeminist
- lovesansfin likes this
- bat-vomit likes this
- lovealeema143 likes this
- xxlelaxx likes this
- youwearheartbreakwell likes this
- royalweirdonj likes this
- ludicrous-speeder likes this
- grimmangel reblogged this from bloobalooby
- grimmangel likes this
- sonychacha likes this
- sonychacha reblogged this from bloobalooby
- bloobalooby reblogged this from theaveragecomicbookgeek
- theperksofbeingchinese likes this
- whitenessandbloom likes this
- marla-- reblogged this from kellsinlalaland and added:
- kellsinlalaland reblogged this from darling-letemstare
- fingertipstrembling likes this
- luoaiyu reblogged this from really-pathetic-human-being
- really-pathetic-human-being reblogged this from artificial-apnea
- clamantes-daemonium reblogged this from the-little-pandabear-at-221b
- the-little-pandabear-at-221b reblogged this from captain-galaga
- misshellokitty11 reblogged this from zombiatches
- sillentwarrior reblogged this from super-saiyan-princess
- thegreatnarwhalsmuffin likes this
- defalternative reblogged this from super-saiyan-princess
- defalternative likes this
- super-saiyan-princess reblogged this from turtleofweed-andstars
- nobuckets-onlycuddles likes this
- carmalcrabapples likes this
- carmalcrabapples reblogged this from cosplaconmo
- notreallygeoff reblogged this from betty-grof
- derangedaspects likes this
- s-e-c-r-e-t-l-i-t-t-l-e reblogged this from bearbears-little-princess
- britt1110 reblogged this from wearedeafenedbysilence
- butwhatifham reblogged this from knightkarkat
- sheepy-sama reblogged this from lady-akari
- lady-akari reblogged this from cute-goth-girl
- lady-akari likes this
- sofiahatesyou likes this
- theinevitablereality likes this
- meninafricanamerican reblogged this from gainedtheworldandlostmysoul
- trixipyxie reblogged this from gainedtheworldandlostmysoul
- gainedtheworldandlostmysoul reblogged this from justademonindisguise
- justademonindisguise reblogged this from matron-mama-javert
you see this?
it’s called a razor
if you’re a girl, USE IT
your hairy legs and armpits aren’t cute okay
you’re not helping out for woman’s rights or anything
YOU’RE JUST MAKING YOURSELF LOOK NASTY
Women have been socialized to believe that they must remove hair for a number of reasons, primarily the following:
- hair is historically and Biblically associated with power; we as a patriarchal culture are obsessed with keeping hair on men (facial hair, Hair Club for Men, hair plugs, whatever) and keeping it off women. You say hair on women is nasty; why is it only hair on women? Women and men have the same pubic hair. We all grow it out of our follicles for the same reason. Why is it only gross on women?
- women’s bodies have been considered the property of men since the dawn of time, and therefore we have been held to a standard of beauty and attractiveness that is not determined by us but is instead determined by something called the male gaze, which is erases all sexualities and genders other than cisgender heterosexual men and assumes that women are performing for it.
- childlike women are considered less “threatening” and more “feminine” because they are naive, quiet, and rely on ~*adult men*~ to take care of them.
- there is a fallacy about pubic hair that it is dirty. It is not dirty. In fact, it’s there to keep your genitals cleaner. Pubic hair and armpit hair are also (possibly) there to spread your pheromones around and make it easier for you to attract a mate.
- all mammals have hair. We’re mammals.
- No one else’s body is your business. Ever. You want to shave? Go ahead! That’s totally your prerogative and if you’re more comfortable shaving, feel free. But given that pubic hair isn’t innately dirty, there’s no reason for anyone to remove it if they don’t want to.
You’re not sending out some edgy, hardcore message here. You’re just reinforcing what our culture wants you to reinforce. Before you pick up that razor again, think about why you want to shave. Is it just because our culture told you to? Why’d they tell you to? What’s the point?
Do what makes you comfortable and what makes you happy, and let others do the same.
This response exploded on my personal blog last night despite being months old and I realized I NEVER REBLOGGED IT HERE, WHAT WAS I THINKING.